Saturday, August 19, 2017

I'm PROUD to be a white man with an afro, playing guitar left-handed, and soloing some Wah-Wah psychedelic jams...

 Mason Gorge, The White Jimi Hendrix...

I have an afro, I play guitar left-handed, and I can solo some Wah-Wah psychedelic jams, so all of a sudden people started calling me 'The White Jimi Hendrix'. Now, I mean no disrespect to Jimi, but this SUCKS...

I understand how people want to describe newer artists by naming better-known stars, and I'm okay with that. But why does it have to be about my race? Don't get me wrong: I have no problem being compared with a black man, but it is like my own racial identity is being stolen, you know...?

I'm PROUD to be a white man with an afro, playing guitar left-handed, and soloing some Wah-Wah psychedelic jams, but it's ME, you know? If I played cello would people be calling me 'the White Yo-Yo Ma'...? 

Frankly, I find all of this attention on my race disturbing: I could be green, and I would still rock an afro, play guitar left-handed, and solo some Wah-Wah psychedelic jams, you get me...? Still, I guess I have it better than the singer in my band: people call him 'the Male Stevie Nicks'...


I am Laslo.


No comments:

Post a Comment