Wednesday, December 3, 2014

Fair Trade tea with a touch of almond milk.

So I am watching the news, drinking a cup of Fair Trade tea with a touch of almond milk, when I see a video of rioting over a police shooting. I try to casually not make eye contact with my 'Emotional Support Negro' but he knows me well, and speaks.

"You're afraid to ask me about any of this, aren't you?"

"I'm not sure I'd say 'afraid'..."

"Listen, Pussy, a lot of black people are angry."

I do not like it when he calls me "Pussy" but I realize this may not be the most opportune time to discuss such matters. There is a time and a place for everything, I do my best to remember this and act accordingly: it is not a negative 'control issue' control issue, just a respectful understanding of emotional surroundings, I read that in a book.

"But surely they know it won't accomplish anything."

"It's got your attention, hasn't it?"

"But they're burning and looting their own neighborhood."

"It may be their neighborhood, but it is YOUR country."

"I thought it was all 'our' country..."

"Look, Little Bitch: when you white folk have a problem you have thousands of white lawyers to get you out of whatever shit you got yourself into, the only thing we blacks have is the threat of violence."

"I don't think it's that simplistic..."

"Who are you calling 'simplistic', Pussy?"

"That is not what I meant..."

"See? You're scared of me -- you're shaking in your shoes."

"That is no way to build trust."

"When the Race War comes are you still going to trust me?"

"Race War? I don't think it is going to come to THAT..."

"Really? Do you think when the Race War comes that I'll be on your side? Do you think I won't hesitate to put a bullet in your head?"

"I think this conversation is escalating more than it needs to..."

"Little Bitch, do you not realize that -- while you're sleeping all peaceful and white at night -- I sneak real quiet-like into your room and put a gun to your head. Just because I can?"

"Oh my God..."

"And I'm naked. I'm a big naked black man in your dark bedroom with a gun pointed at your head."

"Oh no, no..."

"Look, Pussy, I'm just fuckin' with ya."

"Really? Whew. Oh man, you really had me going there for a moment..."

"Dude, I'm your 'Emotional Support Negro', aren't I? Let's open a few forties, watch a movie. Maybe Denzel Washington: he's a black man all you whites like..."

"Sure, sure. Which movie?"

"'Malcolm X', Little Bitch...


I am Laslo.


http://althouse.blogspot.com/2014/12/why-louis-head-under-investigation-for.html

No comments:

Post a Comment