Saturday, September 16, 2017

I am a career woman. I am a career woman. I am a career woman.

Brooke Baldwin Inner Monologue...

Did he say boobs?

He said boobs.

Boobs.

It always comes down to sexism.

A good-looking female journalist makes it on her own to the network and everyone thinks it's just because of her being pretty, or her boobs, or her sleeping with Someone Important.

Now everyone is looking at me for a reaction.

What am I going to say about boobs?

I wasn't hired for my boobs. 

No, I wasn't.

If I come off angry I'll be seen as a shrill man-hating prude.

If I act like it's a good-natured joke I will be raked by Social Media.

Keep steady. Keep steady. Keep the thoughts on the Inside.

Boobs. He fucking said boobs.

Yes: do a slow burn.

Steady: don't overdo it.

I am a career woman. I am a career woman. I am a career woman. 

Good, good: Keith is talking.

Bring up the 'incredulous' look, but -- slow, slow.

I am Incredulous.

I am an Incredulous Career Woman.

I did not get hired because of my sex.

I did not get hired because of my sex.

I thought we were going to be talking about Trump and white supremacists.

Indignation: that's it.

I am Indignant.

I am Indignant, and Clay is a White Supremacist.

Disdain.

Yes: disdain.

Show everyone the Disdain...



I am Laslo.


No comments:

Post a Comment