Friday, September 1, 2017

"I bet you know the price of bananas for white people…"

"This is check-stand four: I need a price check on bananas…"

"You're kidding me, right?"

"Kidding you? I don't understand, sir…"

"I'm black, and you just happen to need to go on the PA and ask for a price check on bananas for the black man."

"I'm sorry, sir, but I need the price to ring you up…"

"Do you only ask about bananas when the customer is black? Is that how it is?"

"Sir, I assure you, I'm just doing my job."

"I bet you know the price of bananas for white people…"

"Excuse me for a moment, sir. -- " This is check-stand four: I also need a price check on watermelon…"

"Oh fuck no! Now you gotta announce to the store that the black man is buying watermelon, too?"

"Everyone likes watermelon, sir. I just need to get the price, that's all."

"So you've announced to the whole store that the black man is buying bananas and watermelon. You people are fucked up…"

"I'm only trying to be efficient with your purchase, sir: race has nothing to do with it."

"When you white people say race has nothing to do with it then it means race has something to do with it."

"I'm sorry -- excuse me for a moment. " This is check-stand four: I need a price check on grape soda…"

"You ARE a White Devil!"

"Sorry, sir: just doing my job…"

"Hey! You just rang up my extra-large condoms without needing a price check. I want a fucking price-check on my extra-large condoms! I want the whole fuckin' store to know the black man is buying himself some extra-large condoms! You afraid of scaring the white women?!"

"That one was in the computer, sir. .. " This is check-stand four: I need a price check on fried chicken…"


I am Laslo.



https://althouse.blogspot.com/2017/09/the-interpretation-of-bananas.html

1 comment: