Sunday, May 17, 2015

"It's funny: I trust my kids at day-care to a woman I'm not sure I would trust with my car."


"Sometimes I think I would've been better off if I was a stay-at-home mom."

"You know, I feel that too, sometimes. But us working women -- we need to stick together."

"It's funny: I trust my kids at day-care to a woman I'm not sure I would trust with my car."

"Well, you do have a nice car."

"You as well. Can't go wrong with a BMW."

"That's so true. Still: just the other day I picked up my Johnny from day-care and he had a black-eye. The day-care woman said he ran into a door-knob, but I have my doubts..."

"You think that's bad? I came home to find out that my son Samuel
traded his bicycle to another kid for a gun and then shot our neighbor's dog."

"That's horrible! What did your husband do?"

"Well, unfortunately Samuel shot HIM, too."

"Oh God! Is he okay?"

"Yeah, it was just a shot to his leg -- he only missed one day at work."

"Lucky."

"Indeed."

"So -- how is Samuel?"

"He's grounded. No TV or video games."

"I mean -- how is he coping? I'm sure it was traumatic for him."

"His psychiatrist says he was just acting out -- it's pretty common at that age."

"Pretty common?"

"Well, not the gun part. We just need to make sure that Samuel takes his Ritalin."

"That's amazing: you have gone through all of this and you haven't missed a day's work."

"The Office would go to Hell if I wasn't there."

"If only more people understood that..."


I am Laslo.



No comments:

Post a Comment