Saturday, April 11, 2015

A little background: Blondie's 'Heart of Glass' was playing on the bar jukebox. Just thought I'd toss that in for a little narrative color.

Back in the long ago I went, with my fellow college journalists of the Great State of California, to a College Journalist Convention in Santa Cruz, CA. 

We were there to celebrate Journalism and learn and share and -- of course -- feel like we were better than other, less knowledgable, people.

As a side note: I drove four of us down in my 1972 AMC Javelin, still the best car ever. End side note.

Anyway, sexually transmitted diseases were shared and naughty secrets were learned, and we had a luncheon with Jane Pauley speaking.

She told us of the Importance of Keeping the Respect of Journalism sacred while we used those Powers to Make a Better, More Equal, World.

I don't remember much of the speech because I was drinking Screwdrivers and making a mountain out of the mashed potatoes from everyone's plate. I know -- Screwdrivers: college kid drink. Yet tasty, and maybe nutritious. Vitamin C, I believe.

And: Jane Pauley. Of NBC. Yes: hot back in the day.

So after the Speech I happen to be in the bar when Jane Pauley takes the open seat beside me. We exchange pleasantries, and she asks what kind of journalism do I do.

I tell her I am the Editorial Cartoonist.

She says: "That's funny, my husband Garry Trudeau does a comic. It's Nationally Syndicated."

So I say: "Yes, I love 'Bloom County.' The Penguin 'Opus' rocks."

She then explains that 'Bloom County' is an inferior knock-off of her husband's strip 'Doonesbury,' to which I nod, and silently think: Hell no it isn't.

She then asks me about my politics, and I explain that I am the Editorial Cartoonist because I am humorous and can draw well; I don't care about the politics, I just like funny.

So Jane Pauley says, "That is refreshing."

I have to admit: I was surprised at her response. I thought everyone believed you should only take pot-shots at the hermetically-approved targets.

Then Jane Pauley said: "Do you know what else I find refreshing?"

"No. What?"

"Having anal sex with someone besides my emotionally-and-politcally-constipated husband."

A little background: Blondie's 'Heart of Glass' was playing on the bar jukebox. Just thought I'd toss that in for a little narrative color.

Anyway.

So:I had anal sex with Jane Pauley in my room on the fourth floor of the Holiday Inn, we drank some wine, and she left with a winsome smile.

Seriously: there was no-one at NBC that could give this beautiful woman the non-political anal sex she was craving? No-one at all?

That is how I learned about modern media.

Two weeks later I received a 'Doonesbury' compilation book signed by her husband.

Sucker.

I am Laslo.


http://althouse.blogspot.com/2015/04/what-free-speech-absolutists-have.html



ADDED:



Another thing about the Lady that was Jane Pauley.

As we were having anal sex in my room on the fourth floor of the Santa Cruz Holiday Inn she said:

"Laslo, I am married. Please do not come in my ass, but simply ejaculate on my back and shoulders instead."

Pure class, I tell you.

Of course I honored her request. Although I think I also hit her hair on the back of her head. And a lampshade.

Youth.


I am Laslo.




No comments:

Post a Comment