Saturday, April 11, 2015

I'll let them look at the engine, but definitely not in the trunk.

Col Mustard said...

"Truthfully, would you rather your 19 year-old daughter went out with a man who treated her (respectfully) as an adult or the kid down the street who had access to good weed and told her how great she'd look with a tattoo on her neck?"

I think this is a spectacularly astute observation.

I don't even have a problem with the parenthetical "respectfully", as long as it is understood to be parenthetical.

Of course, 19 might be a year too old, but they are only as young as they feel. What I've learned, at least.

I am Laslo.



If I show up at a 19 year-old girl's place to pick her up I like to drive my 1969 Mustang.

The Van sometimes makes the parents nervous.

Also, the 1969 Mustang gives me and the Father something to chat about while we avoid acknowledging what will likely transpire between me and the daughter.

I'll let them look at the engine, but definitely not in the trunk.

I am Laslo.




Sometimes it is just easier to pick them up at the High School.

Especially if they are still wearing their Cheerleader outfit: I love Pep Rally days.

I am Laslo.




One of the few things between me and My Dream?

A teaching credential.


I am Laslo.



http://althouse.blogspot.com/2015/04/madonna-does-standup-comedy-routine-and.html

No comments:

Post a Comment