Saturday, April 25, 2015

Being bold doesn't mean that you can't cry when you need to.

Interview Excerpt Part One:

Diane Sawyer: So -- even as a child -- you felt that you were meant to be a woman?

Jenner. Yes, yes, I did. Ever since I first menstruated.

Diane Sawyer: Wait a minute: menstruated?

Jenner: Yes. It really opened my eyes to my place in the world.

Diane Sawyer: But you were male as a child. Male children don't menstruate.

Jenner: Dianne, this is why it is so, so tough to talk about this subject. Everyone doubts you, they think you are just -- you know -- cuckoo.

Diane Sawyer: I don't mean to doubt you. I realize this is a sensitive issue; I just think the people of America would be enlightened by the… 'physics' of your first menstruation.

Jenner: Well, obviously I didn't have a female's reproductive organs, but I FELT it, I felt it inside -- like inside my heart, you know?

Diane Sawyer: And what exactly did this feeling feel like then, your menstruating from your heart?

Jenner: See? There it is.

Diane Sawyer: There is what?

Jenner: That condescending straight-woman attitude: like MY experience being a woman doesn't compare to yours, just because you were lucky enough to bleed naturally from your vagina when you were twelve…

Diane Sawyer: I do not mean to be condescending -- it is just that there IS a difference, most people would think, between biological menstruation and, well, an empathetic menstruation.

Jenner: You know, since I've begun this journey I never really realized just how hateful women can be to each other. 

Diane Sawyer: Maybe we can move along to another subject…?

Jenner: Let me guess: you want to know about my cock.

Diane Sawyer: That IS a subject of conjecture to the public…

Jenner: Sure it is. Cock cock cock, cock cock cock. Everyone wants to know about my cock. Not my hopes, my dreams; no -- my cock. 

Diane Sawyer: Well, I --

Jenner: Cock cock cock, cock cock cock.

Diane Sawyer: I just --

Jenner: Cock cock cock, cock cock cock COCK.

Diane Sawyer: Perhaps we should go to a break….

Jenner: Suck it.


I am Laslo.



Dianne Sawyer: How about we return to that special night in Hollywood…?

Jenner: Oh, yes, yes. "The Vagina Monologues."

Dianne Sawyer: What was it about that night: the words? the performances? the overall experience?

Jenner: Well: I listened to all of these women talk about their vaginas, and I just knew.

Dianne Sawyer: Knew what, exactly?

Jenner: That those stories were about ME -- the ME that I was hiding, even from myself.

Dianne Sawyer: It sounds like you experienced an epiphany.

Jenner: I did, I did. I even peed a little, right there in my seat.

Dianne Sawyer: Were you able to share this experience with anybody?

Jenner: Later that night I picked up a transsexual hooker off the street and she put a finger up my butt.

Dianne Sawyer: You were now open to experimentation, is that it?

Jenner: Oh, no, no: I had been with transsexual hookers before, I've had them put their finger up my butt a hundred times. Some very pretty fingernail colors, too.

Dianne Sawyer: So what was it about this particular experience?

Jenner: I just had the realization that the finger up my butt could become a finger in my very own vagina, if only I was bold enough to make it happen.

Dianne Sawyer: This HAS taken a lot of boldness from you, hasn't it?

Jenner: I've learned an important lesson through this.

Dianne Sawyer: And that is…?

Jenner: Being bold doesn't mean that you can't cry when you need to. And -- since then -- I have been bold enough to cry. Cry in the privacy of my room, cry in the car at traffic lights while listening to Cher and Mariah Carey: I have the FREEDOM to cry.

Dianne Sawyer: That is a very wise lesson.

Jenner: Lesson?

Dianne Sawyer: Yes, yes indeed.

Jenner: Lesson, like now I need to take lessons on how to be a woman? Lessons?

Dianne Sawyer: That isn't what I was saying --

Jenner: Don't condescend to me, bitch.


I am Laslo.




http://althouse.blogspot.com/2015/04/jenners-interview-will-be-so-widely.html

No comments:

Post a Comment