Sunday, December 13, 2015

"As I said, I have OCD: what goes in must go out. What goes in must go out. What goes in must go out --"


"Mr. Nichols, the X-Ray seems to show the reasons for your discomfort."

"Thank Goodness, Doctor! What is it?"

"You have a porcelain figurine of a ballerina stuck up inside your rectum."

"Yeah: I suspected as much."

"I suppose there is no reason why I would need to know how it got there..."

"Well, ballerinas are graceful and romantic and pretty..."

"Okay..."

"I have OCD, Doctor, and I love -- love -- love Porcelain. Sometimes I am absolutely and completely overwhelmed by the compulsion to put Porcelain objects up my ass."

"So this is a reoccurring thing?"

"Oh yes. Porcelain salt shakers, Porcelain gravy boats -- at one time or another I have put them in my ass. I am compelled. I even once managed to put an entire set of Original American Colonies Commemorative Thimbles up my ass. That was on the Fourth of July, I remember that."

"But you are usually able to remove these objects on your own, I take it."

"Oh yes: you'd be surprised with what you can do with a pair of Chopsticks. Besides eating Chinese food, I mean."

"I get it..."

"The chopsticks are Porcelain, too...."

"Of course they are."

"As I said, I have OCD: what goes in must go out. What goes in must go out. What goes in must go out --"

"I understand, Mr. Nichols."

"It all started when I was a Child. We were at my Grandparents for Christmas Eve Dinner, and there were all of these wonderful Porcelain objects on the table: it was like a Fairy Tale Dream. Next thing I know, Grandma is wondering where the Porcelain Candle Holder was."

"I see..."

"I put it back on the table in the morning, like nothing happened."

"You know, I could suggest a Doctor who might be able to help you with your compulsions..."

"Yeah. I also wash my hands a lot..."

"With your compulsion for Porcelain the repeated washing of hands might not be a bad thing..."

I am Laslo.



No comments:

Post a Comment