Saturday, December 12, 2015

"You're sure using a Lot of Big White Words I just don't get, Miss Sarah."


ADDED: This piece did not make it through Althouse Moderation.


Sarah's mind slips wistful into the past, to that One Hot Summer in 1957 in Madison County...

"My dear Mandingo, if I told you my Fantasy would you promise not to judge me?"

"I promise, Miss Sarah, I promise."

"Ever since I was a little girl I have wanted to be overcome by a Big Buck Negro."

"Oh, goodness, Miss Sarah..."

"Raped. Ravished. Ravaged."

"But I'm the only Negro in Madison County, Miss Sarah."

"It's just a Fantasy, Mandingo. Can you pretend to be my Big Buck Negro?"

"This sounds like all kinds of Trouble, Miss Sarah."

"Just once, my sweet Mandingo, just once."

"If you say so..."

"Stop it! Stop it, you Savage Negro!"

"I'm stopping! I'm stopping!"

"No, Mandingo: keep going. I'm just acting like I don't want it. You know, pretend."

"Okay..."

"Harder, you Jungle Animal! Fuck me like a twelve-year old blind white girl!"

"Damn, Miss Sarah, I don't knows about this..."

"I thought all you Negroes would love to rape a twelve-year old blind white girl..."

"That's just wrong, Miss Sarah. That's wrong, no matter what color you are."

"When I was a little girl I thought that, if I was blind, everyone would take pity on me and give me things."

"Miss Sarah, I'm not sure I like this Fantasy Thing none..."

"My sweet, sweet Mandingo: can't you see that I am in a Spiral of Shame? Me, a Proper White Woman from a Respectable Family, having relations with a Negro in a Tin Shack behind the Junkyard?"

"I try to keep the Shack clean -- I sweep the dirt and everything..."

"You do a fine job, Mandingo. The Degradation is in Myself, and I find I need its Cold Abyss more and more."

"I'm not sure what that even means, Miss Sarah."

"My beloved Mandingo: would you evacuate your bowels on my chest?"

"What?"

"I want you to defecate on my chest. I want you to hunch over me like an Animal and shit on my Pale Round White Privileged Breasts."

"I surely can't do that, Miss Sarah."

"It would mean Everything to me, my sweet Mandingo. Just this once: shit on my breasts. Make me a Lowly Creature that deserves to Live in the Dirt."

"I sure Hope you know what you're asking, Miss Sarah. Lord Forgive Me, here goes..."

"oh."

"Miss Sarah?"

"That's... warm."

"Are you okay, Miss Sarah? I shit right on your breasts, just like you wanted."

"My Degradation is Complete, yet it still leaves me Desiccated and Hollow, my dear Mandingo."

"You're sure using a Lot of Big White Words I just don't get, Miss Sarah."

"It is the White Woman's Burden, I am afraid. Sometimes I think we are only one step above the Negroes."

"I gots an idea: how about I pee in your mouth some. Will that make it better?"

"Mandingo, how could you even say that?"

"Damn! I thought I was finally figuring this Fantasy thing out, but it turns out I'm wrong. Lord, I just don't understand you white women none..."

I am Laslo.

_________


That piece encompassed the question of imbalance of power between races and between the sexes, with the Emptiness of the World to come and the inherent Existential Crisis leading to Degradation and Despair.

The context of 1957 provides both resonance and dissonance with the America of today, where you can watch someone literally shit on another person at just an internet click away.

One day there will be a course at UW Madison exploring the interwoven layers of the comments of Laslo.

I am open to a Teaching Gig.


No comments:

Post a Comment