Wednesday, December 16, 2015

"They agreed. They said she'd be a fool, a floozy, a whore or a Retard. Maybe even part Chinese."

ADDED: ANOTHER THAT DIDN'T MAKE IT THROUGH ALTHOUSE MODERATION...


Sarah's mind slips wistful into the past, to that One Hot Summer in 1957 in Madison County...

"Miss Sarah?"

"Yes, my sweet Mandingo?"

"The Police came by my shack yesterday."

"What did you do, Mandingo? Did you steal a chicken?"

"No, they just made me show them my generals."

"Your generals?"

"Yeah. What's between my legs."

"Those are your genitals, my silly Mandingo, not your 'generals'. Why on Earth would they do that?"

"They suspected me of sleeping with a White Woman."

"Uh oh... What did you say?"

"I asked them how they could tell I slept with a White Woman just by looking at my genera--  my genitals."

"What did they say?"

"They said they could just tell. That a Negro's genitals are different once they have slept with a White Woman. They said it was Science."

"So: could they tell?"

"I don't want to say anything bad about Science, but they couldn't tell anything at all."

"Whew. So you didn't say anything else?"

"I told them a White Woman would have to be a Fool to sleep with a lowly Negro."

"And what did they say?"

"They agreed. They said she'd be a fool, a floozy, a whore or a Retard. Maybe even part Chinese."

"My sweet Mandingo, you don't think any of that applies to me, right?"

"Of course not, Miss Sarah. You are respectable: you won't even let me put it in your butt..."


I am Laslo.



No comments:

Post a Comment