Sunday, December 20, 2015

"I don't see your point, my Mandingo. She was still a white woman. It's not like she was a Chink or a Retard."

ADDED: This was a First. The Comment made it through Althouse Moderation and THEN was Deleted.

I posted a second comment that may or may not stay up:


I made it through Moderation and THEN was deleted?

A satire that -- at the end -- leaves with a pretty obvious college pro-diversity viewpoint.

Points out how Science has used racism along the way.

Maybe it was too liberal.

I seriously don't get it.

I am Laslo.


_______________




Sarah's mind once again slipped wistfully into the past, to that One Hot Summer in 1957 in Madison County...

"Miss Sarah, I has a question..."

"Yes, my sweet Mandingo?"

"Science is the same for white people and for Negroes, right?"

"Science includes everybody, my Mandingo. It just takes white scientists to figure it all out."

"You don't think there could ever be a black scientist, supposing he was real smart and all?"

"Well, if he was real smart and all he probably wouldn't be a Negro to begin with, silly. Maybe an Octoroon, but even then I would doubt it: it doesn't take much Negro to dumb a person down. That's just Science."

"I guess so if you say, Miss Sarah..."

My Mandingo, it's like putting a teensy bit of motor oil in the cake batter: even with the teensiest bit the cake is ruined."

"Miss Sarah, do you think I am dumb?"

"My silly Mandingo, you are the smartest Negro I know."

"But aren't I the only Negro you know?"

"Well, there is that. But I assume most Negroes are dumber than you, if I met them."

"I bet if I went to college I could be useful, Miss Sarah."

"You mean as a janitor, Mandingo? Negro janitors are VERY useful. As long as they don't rape anybody."

"I means as a student, Miss Sarah. I read books. I just have finished reading "The Scarlet Letter," in fact."

"Oh, Mandingo. You could never understand a book the way a white college student would learn it."

"I thought I understood it pretty well. She wears that 'A' and is shunned by the town, and me, I'm the only Negro in Madison County and I'm shunned by the town, too."

"I don't see your point, my Mandingo. She was still a white woman. It's not like she was a Chink or a Retard."

"Science seems real unfair, sometimes..."

"My sweet Mandingo, if God wanted the World to be Fair He wouldn't have made the Negro in the first place..."

I am Laslo.




No comments:

Post a Comment