Wednesday, December 2, 2015

"That's right, Sarah: we white people are book-smart. And you are here to get book-smarter."


Sarah Lowenstein, like snow outside, drifts: drifts back to that first semester at that All-Girl's College in Connecticut... 

"Sarah, can you come into my Office?

"Yes, Mr. Redford."

"You see, Sarah, as a counsellor here to you girls I need to listen to what is said, even in secret."

"I understand, Mr. Redford."

"And I've heard some very disturbing rumors about you."

"If it is about kissing another girl that wasn't me."

"No, no: it is not about being kissed by a girl -- that happens all the time with you young girls at an Eastern All-Girls College: it is just the curiosity of the blossoming woman. Like rubbing your own developing breasts. No, this is something more... dire."

"What is it, Mr. Redford?"

"Rumor has it that... that you had relations. With a Negro."

"I'm afraid those rumors are true, Mr. Redford."

"You know, if we had known about this when reviewing your application we probably would not have invited you to attend our Prestigious School."

"That would be horrible."

"Now, am I to understand that this Negro did not rape you?"

"No, he did not rape me."

"Not even a little bit of Rape?"

"No, sir."

"Was he rough with you, Sarah? Was he Savage, like a jungle animal?"

"No, Mr. Redford. he was very gentle and kind."

"Did you feel his hot breath on your neck?"

"Yes: yes I did."

"And did his breath not smell Negro?"

"I don't know what you mean, Mr. Redford."

"Don't be naive, child: everyone knows that air comes out different after it has been in a Negro's lungs. That's biology."

"I didn't know..."

"Did he forcibly put his member in your mouth? Did he make you swallow Negro sperm?"

"I'm feeling uncomfortable, Mr. Redford..."

"Uncomfortable? Did his horse-like member do any damage to you down... there? Bleeding? Ripping? Tearing?

"No sir: nothing like that at all. As I said, he was very kind and gentle."

"KInd and gentle? So he was a retarded Negro, then? Because the retarded Negroes ARE generally docile."

"No sir, he was not retarded. he just wasn't book-smart like us white people."

"That's right, Sarah: we white people are book-smart. And you are here to get book-smarter."

"Yes, Mr. Redford."

"Now don't get me wrong: we here are a Progressive School. We believe the Negro has some Rights, just not the same Rights as white people. White People have the God-given Rights."

"I understand, Mr. Redford."

"Now I am going to ask you a Very Important question, Sarah, and I need you to answer me honestly."

"I will, Mr. Redford, I will."

While you are here at Our Prestigious College can you promise to not have any relations with the Negroes here? Because sometimes we let the Negro Janitors work near our girls. Only the Retarded Ones, of course."

"I promise, Mr. Redford."

"Then back to your studies, child: you have a lot to learn...


I am Laslo.

No comments:

Post a Comment