Monday, July 17, 2017

I don't like dirty medieval-style people, living dirty medieval-style lives.

The Man Who Has Never Seen 'Game of Thrones'...

To begin, I never saw the 'Lord of the Rings' movies, either. I just can't get into Fantasy Shit: I don't like dirty medieval-style people, living dirty medieval-style lives. I don't like long white beards and wizened wizards and portentous dialogue. I don't care about dragons. I definitely do not care for Magic that Saves The Day...

Yeah, yeah: I hear 'Thrones' has nude scenes. Don't get me wrong: I AM good with topless chicks, but you can find clips on the Internet without having to watch the whole damn thing...

But 'Game of Thrones' is DIFFERENT, I am told. Sure. Does it have dirty medieval-style people, living dirty medieval-style lives? Does it have long beards and portentous dialogue? Does it have dragons...?

Then it AIN'T different.

Oh, but the storylines are full of intrigue! Okay: which dirty medieval-style person will have the dragon save them in the nick of time, THIS time...?

And -- holy shit -- how many hours do these damn things go on?

The "Lord of the Rings" trilogy is 558 minutes! 

And 'Game of Thrones'? Two days and 12 hours straight. AND IT AIN'T EVEN OVER YET...

I have no interest in going to a Renaissance Faire and listening to people put on dodgy accents, and I sure as hell don't want to watch what equates to a well-filmed Ren Fair for two-and-a-half days...

And let's face it: dirty clothes, dirty people: all of these fantasy worlds would SMELL LIKE ASS. The rooms would SMELL LIKE ASS. The streets would SMELL LIKE ASS. The people would DEFINITELY SMELL LIKE ASS...

But the blonde: she IS cute....



I am Laslo.




https://althouse.blogspot.com/2017/07/everybodys-talking-about-game-of-thrones.html

No comments:

Post a Comment