Saturday, June 6, 2015

"Yeah," F-Ready nods. "Black men want her bad."


I am leaving the apartment of the Neo-Nazi Girlfriend who Is Not My Girlfriend when I run into her downstairs roommate,  F-Ready.

"Hey Bro, want a beer?" he says, tipping his bottle of Miller High Life at me.

"Thanks, but actually I was just leaving..."

"Aw, don't disrespect me, Bro," he says, and I never want to disrespect F-Ready: I am sure bad things happen to people who disrespect F-Ready, so I accept a beer.

"She's quite the girl," he says, motioning upstairs.

"She certainly is... interesting," I say, sipping my beer.

"Yeah," F-Ready nods. "Black men want her bad."

"Huh?"

"The Brothers: they all seem to want her white ass."

"I hadn't noticed."

"Bro, you are a White Man: you need to notice these things." As he says this he puts on a CD: N.W.A.'s "Straight Outta Compton". I feel uncomfortable.

"Interesting music," I say, noncommittally.

"Bro, you say 'interesting' a lot."

"Well..."

"You're thinking that a Proud White Man shouldn't like N.W.A., aren't you?"

I try not to say a sentence with the word 'interesting' in it and come up short, saying nothing at all.

"I can Respect the Black Man who gets his," F-Ready says as "Gangsta Gangsta" plays in the background. "I just don't wanna live with them."

"I understand."

"Anyway, when you're with her" -- he motions upstairs again -- "you gotta watch out for the Black Men. You gotta be Ready."

"Be ready?"

"To defend her honor. Of a Proud White Woman."

"Of course."

"I don't care  if it is three-on-one, you gotta at least go down swinging."

"Yes," I nod: "Go down swinging."

"And you better not break her Heart."

"Huh?"

"Last guy she was with broke her Heart, real bad."

"That's awful..."

"It was, bro. I broke his legs though, so some things evened up."

"Sounds like he deserved it, I guess."

"Damn Straight. Then I fucked him in the ass."

"What?"

"I fucked him in the ass, bro. Showed him who's boss."

"Uh..."

"Just kidding, bro. We are on the Outside: no need to follow Prison Rules here."

I nod and finish my beer.

"I think I gotta go," I say. "Thanks for the beer."

"Next time we'll throw down some shots."

"Next time," I say as I leave.

This seems to be heading to a Bad Place. If it weren't for the sex.


I am Laslo.


No comments:

Post a Comment