Monday, November 16, 2015

I am a Grown Woman, and I write things, big things about important stuff, and people respect me!

You would have thought Gloria would have gotten past her Daddy Issues by now, but -- nope -- she's taking them to the grave with her.

"Daddy, Daddy! I'm smart, too! I'm smart like a boy, Daddy! I'm smart like a boy!"

Something like that.

I am Laslo.


"Daddy, I'm not your Little Girl anymore! I am a Grown Woman, and I write things, big things about important stuff, and people respect me! I write things just like a Man does, Daddy! I'm important, and you no longer can make me Cry! You hear me, Daddy? Do you hear?"

I am Laslo.



"I'm sorry, Daddy! Please don't be angry at me! It's just that the world is so Unfair, and it hurts me, it hurts me Bad! I never want to do anything to disappoint you, Daddy! Sometimes I wish I was your Little Girl again and I was Safe and Protected and the World wasn't such a scary place! When I was little your arms were SO big! What should I do, Daddy? What should I do?"

I am Laslo.



"Daddy, sometimes I think you don't even listen to me! I have a Right to be heard! Women have thoughts, too -- Big Thoughts, just like a Man! Daddy, why don't you listen? Just once I wish you would say that you were Proud of me, as Proud of me as if I were a Boy! People have given me awards, just like they do in Football! Remember when we used to watch football together and I would sit beside you on the couch? I'm the Same Little Girl inside, Daddy! I'm the same Little Girl!"

I am Laslo.



http://althouse.blogspot.com/2015/11/ruth-bader-ginsburg-gives-gloria.html

No comments:

Post a Comment