Monday, November 9, 2015

The Deleted Penumbra Again.

Had two posts at Althouse deleted.

One was a riff on confusing Ruth Bader Ginsburg with Joanne Woodward. Involved anal sex, of course. 

Not one of my best -- to be frank, well below average -- and not heartbroken to see it removed.

It caused a reaction from the Infamous Mary, and got deleted along with her comments.

My guess is if Mary had not commented it would not have drawn the attention, so Mary wins. Yay, Mary. 

Although I figure Althouse wasn't thrilled by it to begin with; I do not want to get into the Althouse/Mary Dynamic.


What did bother me was my second, later, comment being deleted.

The post quoted Metafilter with "Don't read this unless you're ready to sob like a baby."

I commented that I did not read it because I didn't want to be sobbing like a baby.

Furthermore, I didn't even want to be misty-eyed.

Then: I keep my sadness in a small box inside my head.

I have a lot of boxes in my head.

(Paraphrased from memory).

I thought that was a legitimate take on how we handle stories meant to elicit sadness. Some like a wallow, some hide from it. Compartmentalize.

No anal sex, either.

I took that comment being removed as a little bit of spite. Collateral damage.

So maybe Mary won again. Yay, again.

My take.

I am Laslo.

http://althouse.blogspot.com/2015/11/john-oconnor-was-sole-first-gentleman.html


No comments:

Post a Comment