Friday, July 31, 2015

"I remember thinking we were changing the World. Now I mostly remember the crabs."

"Malestock: An Oral History of the Endemic Misogyny at the 1969 Music Festival."

Some excerpts:

Betty James: "All the men wanted to do was listen to the music and groove, and they expected us women to do everything else. Like, I'm sorry guys, I didn't make enough sandwiches for a hundred thousand people."

Frances Hill: "I remember thinking we were changing the World. Now I mostly remember the crabs."

Lorraine Whelton: "Women, we have an innate sense of decency and cleanliness: it was the men who turned the porta-potties into reeking, overflowing shit-holes. I mean: barefoot? Pigs! You better believe I kept my own roll of toilet paper in my purse."

Mary Jones: "One night some guy just walked around the grounds, going from woman to woman and asking if they would suck his cock. I said 'sure', and so I sucked his cock. That is how Free we were."

Nancy Payne: "The event was a disappointment for me. This was the perfect opportunity for men to listen to women and experience an expansion of consciousness, but they just tripped on LSD instead. The boys I was with, it was like they weren't even hearing what I was saying."

Alice Moyer: "It was the Pinnacle of Free Love, man! I mean, I was just an innocent white girl from a small Southern town, and then -- Pow! -- I had sex with a black brother who looked just like Jimi Hendrix while dozens of people cheered us on! The abortion afterwards was totally worth it!"

Linda Philips: "The fact that most of the musical acts were men didn't go unnoticed. I noticed. I noticed it alot."

Jane Lenz: "I admit it: I showed my tits. That doesn't mean I'm not a feminist, it just means that I wanted to show my tits. It was Freedom: you wouldn't understand, now. Stop trying to analyze me."

Doris Clemens: It's over forty years later and my vagina still doesn't feel clean. God, I wish I had never even gone."


I am Laslo.


http://althouse.blogspot.com/2015/07/marxism-in-this-country-had-even-been.html




No comments:

Post a Comment