Monday, January 16, 2017

“A childish fantasy is that, Sven. You were meant for Sorrow. And buggery.”

Ingmar Bergman Unfinished Script “Wheat and Oranges” —Excerpt”

“Olaf, the bleak winter is playing tricks on my mind. I believe I want to be a woman.”

“It is a bowl of soup, Sven. Gender is a bowl of pitiful radish soup.”

“Why would God give me the body of a man if he gave me the Soul of a woman?”

“It is because God payed attention to you, Sven. Most people God has ignored in abject apathy. But you: He chose you to have a special burden. Like the buggerer. Or a leper.”

“So God only pays attention by creating misery, Olaf?”

“If there IS a God, Sven, then Yes. He has put the worm in your apple. He has put the weevil in your wheat.”

“Perhaps when Spring finally comes the warmth of the Sun will awaken the Man inside me again.”

“A childish fantasy is that, Sven. You were meant for Sorrow. And buggery.”

“I would give anything to eat an orange right now.”

“That is the woman in you speaking, Sven. Only a woman would be so frivolous as to desire an Orange in winter.”

“You have given me much to think about, Olaf. Perhaps I shall wander out into the snowy forest and lose my way, beneath an uncaring sky.”

“Remember this Sven: the bare trees do not care your gender, Sven, nor do the wolves…”



I am Laslo.


No comments:

Post a Comment