Thursday, March 12, 2015

"Dad, that's horrible! What's the other path?"

"“One of the things I saw in Madison was older African American males sitting down with younger African American males..."

Sounds warm and fuzzy. Kind of what fathers and sons have been known to do on occasion.

I remember, while being on probation for armed home invasion, my Father telling me: "Laslo, you can't do that anymore." And he was right. It was a touching moment.

Then we talked about anal sex with women.

I am Laslo.



When they changed the amount of balls in a pinball game from five to three a group of my friends agitated for a riot at the Arcade.

My father said "Laslo, that is not the way to go about things."

I said "But Dad, how else will we produce change?"

"Go ahead, then, but don't come crying to me when your favorite pinball game gets destroyed and you can't play it anymore."

My Father was smart about these things.

Then we talked about anal sex with women.

I am Laslo.




One day I was talking with my Dad about my black friend Reginald, and how the cops always hassled him because he was black.

"Laslo, has your friend Reginald done anything to warrant this attention from the police?"

"Well, he has shoplifted a few times, just like beer and stuff..."

"Yes?"

"And he snatched a purse from an old lady, but there wasn't that much money in it, anyway."

"Is there more, Laslo?"

"Well, he did punch the old lady in the face to get her to let go of the purse."

"Laslo, do you not think these are things the police should be involved in?"

"But Reginald means well..."

"Laslo, from what you have said, your friend is at a crossroads in his life."

"Yeah?"

"Yes. He is either going to eventually get killed in an altercation with the Police..."

"Dad, that's horrible! What's the other path?"

"He will end up in Prison and most likely be repeatedly raped."

"That's not good, either, Dad."

"Laslo: choices decide your destination."

"Dad, do you really think Reginald would get raped in prison?"

"Laslo, I've seen Reginald: he is a small, pretty type. He will be raped. Repeatedly."

I hate to say this, but Dad was right: Reginald ended up serving time for armed home invasion and, while in prison, he was raped. Repeatedly.

My Dad was smart about a lot of things.

Then we talked about anal sex with women.


I am Laslo.



http://althouse.blogspot.com/2015/03/protesters-in-madison-are-asking-high.html

No comments:

Post a Comment