Saturday, April 30, 2016

I have Faith the right thing will be done, and soon: the politicians can't be THAT stupid.


A Letter from Miss Harriet Tubman, Kansas, 1954:

No, I am not THAT Harriet Tubman. 

Well, that was fast: now there is ANOTHER Mexican in town, working for Mr. Reed at the Hardware Store. The town has managed to do just fine without Negroes, and now we are taking on Mexicans? I thought this was America.

People are suspicious: these two Mexicans sit together in the Town Square at lunch, talking Mexican so we can't hear what they are planning. It can't be good.

With this growing Mexican problem tempers got hot at the Town Council meeting on Tuesday. There has even been talk of building a wall at the south end of town to keep the Mexicans out.

I hope it doesn't come to that. Surely our Government recognizes the problem, and is taking action this very moment. I mean, isn't that the point of Government? To do what's right for the American people?

I might even write a letter to my Congressman. I have Faith the right thing will be done, and soon: the politicians can't be THAT stupid.


I am Laslo.



No comments:

Post a Comment