Saturday, November 18, 2017

Most of my pants have them, but I don't think I have any shirts with zippers.

The Commenter Who Ignores the Post Topic says...

So I tried to think about zippers for a moment, but then I got distract by the music I was listening to: Spacemen 3. The version playing is one of the few where the drums come through. It's like it makes it a different song, but actually it really doesn't, because I keep getting drawn back to that relentless one chord.

I have heard the original version of 'Rollercoaster' by Roky Erikson and you can hear that it's the same song, but it's too psychedelic in the way I don't like. I like the psychedelia that sounds like Spacemen 3. Maybe it's different drugs by the musicians.

Anyway, old-school psychedelic music: I'm not a fan of its use of the Wah Wah pedal. Too many notes and it just sounds like circus music. The Wah Wah pedal, when used by Spacemen 3, is different: It is not busily competing with drum fills and bass riffs and chord changes, it is just filtered tone against a chord that is chugging away. I like that kind of Wah Wah guitar.

Anyway: zippers. Most of my pants have them, but I don't think I have any shirts with zippers.



I am Laslo.

No comments:

Post a Comment