Sunday, February 26, 2017

I don't WANT to be anyone's Inspiration.

Girl with the Pony Tail on the Treadmill:

A REALLY fat woman showed up at the Gym today.

(pony-tail swish, pony-tail swish)

REALLY fat. Like fat-on-fat.

(pony-tail swish, pony-tail swish)

She got on the treadmill two over from me, and I wondered if it could even take her weight. I hate when people break the equipment.

(pony-tail swish, pony-tail swish)

I have to admit: I felt revulsion at first. She was sweating like crazy thirty seconds after starting a slow walk.

(pony-tail swish, pony-tail swish)

But then I thought: at least she's trying to do SOMETHING about it.

(pony-tail swish, pony-tail swish)

Maybe she'll actually stick with it, and over the next year I'll watch her slowly get smaller and smaller. That could be kinda cool.

(pony-tail swish, pony-tail swish)

For a moment I thought about talking to her. Just saying "Hi", you know?

(pony-tail swish, pony-tail swish)

Then I thought: what if she talks to me, and KEEPS talking to me? Like all of a sudden I'm her 'gym-buddy'.

(pony-tail swish, pony-tail swish)

I don't want a 'gym-buddy'. I like keeping to myself at the gym. Just me and the treadmill.

(pony-tail swish, pony-tail swish)

And I would probably become her Inspiration.

(pony-tail swish, pony-tail swish)

I don't WANT to be anyone's Inspiration.

(pony-tail swish, pony-tail swish)

I don't want to motivate anyone. I don't want to offer "You go, girl" encouragement when all I want to do is run off that damn Starbucks Mocha I shouldn't have had.

(pony-tail swish, pony-tail swish)

And then -- no doubt -- she would tell me about 'bad days' where she stayed home from the gym the previous day and ate ice cream and shit.

(pony-tail swish, pony-tail swish)

NOT my problem.

(pony-tail swish, pony-tail swish)

Run more and eat less ice cream.

(pony-tail swish, pony-tail swish)

(pony-tail swish, pony-tail swish)

I was fat when I was a little girl.

(pony-tail swish, pony-tail swish)

And now I have an ass men obsess over. I made that happen. Me.

(pony-tail swish, pony-tail swish)

I still remember being a fat little girl, though. It sucked.

(pony-tail swish, pony-tail swish)

But I remember REALLY liking ice cream.

(pony-tail swish, pony-tail swish)



I am Laslo.


No comments:

Post a Comment