Tuesday, May 10, 2016

I will never marry a Mexican, no matter his skills; nor will I bake him a pie.


A Letter from Miss Harriet Tubman, Kansas, 1954:

No, I am not THAT Harriet Tubman. 

Mr. Hampton the Grocer is now going about town saying the only problem with his hiring Mexicans is the towns-women.

Like us women get the power to decide anything.

Drunk husbands and drunk Mexicans: we see the difference.

The men like to act like they are taking the town-women's feelins into account, then the Chinks and the Negroes and the Mexicans come in.

Our town does NOT need the Chinks and the Negroes and the Mexicans, we just need the Leaders of this Town to recognize the Needs of White Men.

I will never marry a Mexican, no matter his skills; nor will I bake him a pie.

I baked a pie once for the Chink at the Laundry once, but that is because she got that stubborn stain out.

I'm starting to think the Men can't do anything right without a woman leading the way.

I bet Mexican women probably feel this way too, bless their souls.


I am Laslo.


No comments:

Post a Comment