Sunday, June 5, 2016

There is a flashing sense of the Universe and our Places in it, we see it, Together, and I can see Gratitude in the dog's dark eyes.


The Guy Who Drives the White Van With No Windows In The Back Says:

I'm driving down a city street when a dog runs out on the road right in front of me -- a little bull terrier.

I slam on the brakes, hard, and I'm sickly sure that there is not enough time to stop, but somehow I end up, tires smoking, just inches from the dog!

For a moment the dog and I share eye contact: there is a flashing sense of the Universe and our Places in it, we see it, Together, and I can see Gratitude in the dog's dark eyes.

Well, when I get out into the forests I find that the girl in the back of the van hit her head from the abrupt stop: she is bleeding from the top of her head, and looks frightened and disoriented: maybe she has a concussion.

"Am I OK?" she asks, tremulously.

"I had to stop to avoid hitting a dog," I say.

"You didn't hit the doggie, did you?" she asks.

"No, no. The dog is fine. Just a little scared."

"Ah Thank God. I hate to think of animals getting hurt."

"There is a Time and a Place for Everything," I tell her.

"Mister?"

"Yes?"

"I'm still a little scared."

"I understand."

"Am I going to be OK?"

"Well," I say, trying to think of the right words. "Today was the DOG'S Lucky Day," I reply.

I try to be as Honest as I can be, even in these uncomfortable situations...


I am Laslo.



No comments:

Post a Comment