Friday, July 29, 2016

Depressed, defeated mimes.


"Ms. Meadows, Clinically Depressed Therapist"

Many of my female patients feel depressed because they perceive a 'glass ceiling' in their lives. They believe that, if only they were on the other side of that ceiling, they would finally be happy...

There is no 'glass ceiling.' There is no Happiness to be found on the Other Side. We are all trapped in our own individual little glass boxes, like despairing mimes. Depressed, defeated mimes. Any action we take has about as much meaning as the making of a balloon animal, and all the balloons are dull gray...

Of course, I cannot tell my patients this. It is better for them to have their delusion of outside forces aligned against them, than the understanding that Life is just the accumulation of all your personal failures. And then, of course, you die, leaving only those failures as a sign that you were ever really alive...

I am very drunk, but I will drive to the Liquor Store to get more alcohol. It's OK, I make the drive drunk all the time...


I am Laslo.


No comments:

Post a Comment