Friday, July 22, 2016

The Kennedy comparisons tire me; I am more interested in who, exactly, is Trump in the World of Dylan?


From the Fauxhaus Blog:


"Thirty years ago, Bruce Springsteen, Neil Young and Donovan were regarded as legitimate heirs to Dylan's throne..."

Ahhh... The New Bob Dylan. People, always on the search for what they love and remember fondly, to be found in someone new. The political version of this is -- of course -- "the New Jack Kennedy."

Was Bobby Kennedy the "Neil Young?" 

Was Teddy Kennedy... well, what the Hell WAS "Teddy Kennedy?" Note that no one rhapsodizes about a "New Teddy Kennedy" -- he is water under the bridge. Yes, I know.

"Was Obama the.... umm...  maybe there was a black musician that was called a "New Dylan" but nothing immediately comes to mind; probably a rap artist, would be my guess. You could make the argument that Obama was the "New Marvin Gaye", but that is a topic to itself.

The Kennedy comparisons tire me; I am more interested in who, exactly, is Trump in the World of Dylan?

Perhaps he sees himself as the Bruce Springsteen...

Some brimstone baritone
Anticyclone rolling stone
Preacher from the east
Says, "Dethrone the dictaphone.
Hit it in its funny bone.
That's where they expect it least...


I am Laslo.




No comments:

Post a Comment