Monday, January 11, 2016

"Doesn't it, though? All the old junkies say that."


"Freddie? Freddie Mercury, is that you?"

"Welcome, David."

"Where are we?"

"Heaven, of course."

"Really?"

"I know: I was surprised I was let in, honey. Turns out Jesus really liked our song "Under Pressure."

"So did Vanilla Ice, but... I must say I am glad to be here."

"Most of us are."

"Most of us?"

"Well, you know: John Lennon is never happy about anything, really. He keeps bitching about how his being here totally negates the most important song he ever wrote. I think Jesus let him in, just for the schadenfreude."

"John was always a bit of a prick, wasn't he? But there is schadenfreude in Heaven?"

"Oh, my boy: wait until you see Pat Boone sing "Imagine' in front of John: it never gets old."

"So: what do we do here?"

"We remember. We meet new souls. We wait on others. It is very relaxing, really. Like a posh Manhattan Hotel. With no check-out."

"You know, I took some of the best drugs the World had to offer, but this... this feels Nice."

"Doesn't it, though? All the old junkies say that."

"Even Lou Reed?"

"Even Lou. He just keeps griping that he wishes Heaven was grittier."

"Of course he does."

"It really is a lot of laughter, really. Everyone meets everyone, eventually."

"Yeah?"

"Oh, David: you'll never laugh so hard as when Jim Morrrison keeps trying to explain his lyrics to T.S. Eliot. Things like that happen all the time."

"Be prepared, though: "Space "Oddity" gets played a LOT, here."

"I suppose that's flattering."

"It truly is. I can say that because the only thing they play more up here is "Bohemian Rhapsody"...


I am Laslo.


http://althouse.blogspot.com/2016/01/look-up-hereim-in-heaven.html

No comments:

Post a Comment