Sunday, January 24, 2016

"Oink"? What relevance are you hoping for people to attribute to "Oink"?

"(The first comment says, justifiably, "Althouse looks like a member of the Manson Family in that 1970 photo.")"

Charles Manson: "And when you get to the house, make sure to paint some words on the walls with blood."

Althouse: There are a lot of words in the Oxford English Dictionary, Charles. What words are you thinking of?"

"I'm thinking "Oink", maybe."

"Oink"? What relevance are you hoping for people to attribute to "Oink"?"

Well, because of Pigs, man. The Establishment -- they're all Pigs."

"Then perhaps we should just write "Pigs" instead: it would be more straight-forward, with less chance of being misunderstood. Clarity of purpose is important when making this kind of Statement."

"That's good, Althouse -- I knew you were the smart one. I know! How about "Helter Skelter"? That would be groovy."

You mean "Helter Skelter", like the British English name of a spiralling amusement park slide?"

"No. What the Hell is that? I mean like the Beatles' song."

"No offense, Charles, but this might confuse people. I know you receive messages from the Beatles, but I believe there are Bob Dylan lyrics that would be more appropriate."

"Bob Dylan?"

"Yeah. Maybe something from "All Along the Watchtower", perhaps."

"I thought that was Jimi Hendrix. And Jimi is black. Blacks are the reason for Helter Skelter coming."

"Well then, how about "Ballad of a Thin Man"? You know: 

"Because something is happening here
But you don’t know what it is
Do you, Mister Jones?"

You see, Mr. Jones IS the establishment, and you could be construed to be the "something" that is "happening" which the Establishment "don't know what it is." There are a lot of intellectual layers."

"I kinda like that, Althouse. But it would take a LOT of blood to spell all that out."

"Perhaps Positively 4th Street" then. "You got a lotta nerve to say you are my friend" really points out the inherent dishonesty of The Man."

"Still a LOT of Blood, Althouse. And -- frankly -- I don't trust most of my girls to remember more than a word or two."

"But surely they could remember "The times they are a-changin'"?" That would signal that "Helter Skelter" is coming in a way that everyone could comprehend..."

"I can see that. But I still like the "Beatles."

"Do you think that the girls can at least remember to spell it correctly?"

"How could they fuck up two words?"


I am Laslo.









No comments:

Post a Comment