Thursday, August 11, 2016

Not that this a particularly interesting post, but I am enamored of the phrase "Dog Whistle Fastball"...

Not that this a particularly interesting post, but I am enamored of the phrase "Dog Whistle Fastball":

I agree with Althouse on this.

I am assuming most here would.

But posts such as these are not aimed at her readers or commenters.

This is a Dog Whistle Fastball aimed squarely at the upper echelon elites she hangs with professionally, and probably -- at least sometimes -- socially.

She hears their arguments, and -- from time to time -- refutes them without shaming them in person.

Then she throws the Dog Whistle Fastball.

Her targets will pretend they never read it.

They never do.

Dog Whistle Fastball: you read it here first.

You know what it means without me explaining it.

What is more America than Dogs and Baseball?

So that.

I am Laslo.

http://althouse.blogspot.com/2016/08/whatever-happened-to-new-yorkers-pride.html

No comments:

Post a Comment