Saturday, March 18, 2017

Rock and Roll wasn't for no adults, Rock and Roll was FOR the twelve-year-old girls.

Brokedown Bobby Shakes says...

Sure, everyone's all got the sads now on Chuck Berry, they all fallin' all over theyselves to say how great he was --  they don't even remember that he stole all of Brokedown Bobby's songs...

I write "Bobby Want Butt," next thing you know Chuck steals it and calls it "Johnny B. Goode". I take a twelve-year-old girl with me from Mississippi to California, Chuck takes a 14-year-old girl across state lines and gets hisself arrested: he was always trying to one-up me, understand...?

I had respect for Elvis. HE knew he stole the Black Man's music, straight up. I write "Young Girl Butt," Elvis turns it into "All Shook Up." I write "Jailbait Butt," Elvis turns it into "Jailhouse Rock." But you expect that shit from a White Man: you don't expect a Black Brother to steal your shit and call it his...

People say to me, "Well Brokedown Bobby, if your songs weren't all about twelve-year-old girls maybe THEY woulda been played on the Radio." They just don't get it: Rock and Roll wasn't for no adults, Rock and Roll was FOR the twelve-year-old girls. It was catchy, bouncy shit to get them little girls all jumpin' up and down and gettin' their juices all juicy...

Who liked the little girls? Elvis did. Jerry Lee Lewis did. Chuck Berry did. Brokedown Bobby sure did, and he still does! Rock and Roll was Sex for the Little Girls who hadn't had sex yet -- you know, to get them started and all: that's all it was. And let Brokedown Bobby tell ya: it worked mighty fine...

You know, I never could understand what that Jim Morrison cat was all going on about sometimes, like white kids killin' they daddy and fuckin' they mama and all, but he sure got one thing right when talkin' about us Back Door Men: The men don't know, but the little girls understand....

So I live my life on the road, rockin' and rollin'. Who knows -- I might be comin' to your town, too, and if you come see me, do Bobby a favor:  bring your granddaughters...



I am Laslo.


No comments:

Post a Comment