Sunday, April 9, 2017

For those who shoot themselves in the Head I have my Ernest Hemingway-inspired wear, capturing late Thirtie's Key West with Elan...

Humlaut LeBlanc Fashion Icon of Fabulous...

I am so very excited to show my new line: Final Day Clothing. People, they tell me: Humlaut, isn't Death unfashionable? I tell them it IS Unfashionable, if you are unfashionably old. But the Young... they can die with Panache. Death is the Ultimate Dramatic Moment, and to die Fabulous: who could want more...?

A lot of suicidal people just wear their everyday clothing to commit their act. How mundane! I say: Dress for the Occasion. My Final Day Clothing Lines provide many options for making your Death a Fabulous Fashion Statement...

For those who decide to hang themselves, they can choose from my designs modeled after the lynchings of Black Men in the South. When I studied the archives I was surprised how the clothing those lynched Black Men wore so perfectly captured a spirit of timelessness, and the my clothing looks Fabulous in Black-and-White...

For those who gas themselves in the garage with the motor running I have my designs inspired by the Jews in the German Concentration camps. Sensible stripes that slim the figure are ALWAYS in Fashion...

For those who shoot themselves in the Head I have my Ernest Hemingway-inspired wear, capturing late Thirtie's Key West with Elan...

Remember: Fashion Speaks. So when you know you are going to die, don't just lie there: Make a Statement in Fabulous...

I am Humlaut LeBlanc, and I Believe in Fabulous…



I am Laslo.


2 comments:

  1. Hey, Laslo. While Humlaut LeBlanc is indeed fabulous (I can't wait for his "Dressed to Kill" line), I wanted to complement you on your movie, which I watched last night. I laughed my head off when Uncle Bennie was presented with his welcome home present.

    I actually knew a guy who was just like Keller when I was in college. The dude could not have been more of a natural chick repellent if he had sprayed deer piss all over himself before going out in public. The minute he walked in a room, women backed away and looked for the exits.

    One thing I wondered about is how the actors didn't look at each other as they were delivering their (very funny) lines. It was initially a little jarring. Was that deliberate and meant to convey that these were all people in their own little worlds?

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thank you, Exiled!

    And yeah: the actors' sight-lines are indeed skewed at times. Not a lot of room to shoot three men in close quarters -- would try to keep the responding actor in the approximate position, but the camera often disrupted this. More time for blocking would've helped, but we had to use every available moment getting footage.

    That said, lack of eye contact was intended in parts. They have all heard each other's stories before, and are talking to everyone and to just themselves at the same time.

    As far as Keller: Alex (the actor) is a charismatic guy, but I enjoyed subverting that with his character (especially his dialogue and use of 'props'): he has no idea how people see him, because he is used to people 'not seeing him'.

    I did not want Alex to make Keller more approachable: he is an early-career Bill Murray-character, but stripped of the 'wink at the audience' charm to let you know he is in on the joke...

    I am Laslo.

    ReplyDelete