Saturday, September 3, 2016

"He's a deep cat, that Grimes."


From 'The Community of Color Gazette':

"Man of Color Considers Writing a Play"

Preston Biggs, a Black Man of our Community of Color, is considering writing a play.

"Yeah, I said that," Mr. Biggs confirmed. "We was at the park and some of the guys playing chess were talking some deep sh*t and I thought "man, you could write a play with some of that sh*t"".

When asked what some of the deep statements were, Mr. Biggs hesitated.

"We been drinking forties, so I don't remember a lot of it. But I remember it was deep, and when I remember it some more I think I'm going to write a play with it."

When asked about the possible plot of the play, Mr. Biggs answered with obvious excitement.

"Just a couple brothers, hanging out in the park, talking. I'll be keeping it real."

When asked about Mr. Biggs play, John Haskins, a fellow park acquaintance, said "Awww, I don't know about that. Biggs. He talks about doing lots of things. One week he's gonna be a rapper, the next who knows?"

When asked about any of the deep statements at the park Mr. Haskins smiled.

"That would be Grimes. He says all kinds of deep sh*t."

When asked if he could remember one, Mr. Haskins paused.

"Oh, yeah, I remember this one. 'Nothing ain't nothing to be bitching about none.' He's a deep cat, that Grimes."

So there it is: a Story of Change in our Community of Color. For more stories like this please read 'The Community of Color Gazette'.


I am Laslo.



1 comment: