Wednesday, September 7, 2016

"They think we'll rob and loot the place and sh*t. Man, I just want some Chipotle, feel me?"


From 'The Community of Color Gazette':

"Man of Color Wonders Why There Is No Chipotle In Neighborhood"

Taylor Raine, a Black Man of our Community of Color, was overheard wondering why there wasn't a Chipotle Restaurant in his neighborhood.

Mr. Raine corroborated the story.

"If I want Chipotle, I gotta go to the Mall on the other side of the city. I was just asking why there ain't there no Chipotle here'."

Lester Johnson, a friend of Mr. Raine, corroborated the story.

"We was just chilling, and Taylor, he was wanting some Chipotle, but we didn't feel like going all that way to the Mall. I told him it's because Big Business don't trust putting restaurants in our Community."

When asked to elaborate on this, Mr. Johnson smiled. 

"They think we'll rob and loot the place and sh*t. Man, I just want some Chipotle, feel me?"

Mr. Raine nodded in agreement.

"F**k, we don't even have a damn Taco Bell. How f**ked up is that?"

Thinking about the situation, Mr. Johnson added this insight.

"If we had a Chipotle I could even maybe get a job there. I need a job."

Mr. Raines nodded in agreement.

"Man, if I can roll a blunt I could certainly make a damn burrito. Sh*t."

So there it is: a Story of Change in our Community of Color. For more stories like this please read 'The Community of Color Gazette'.


I am Laslo.


No comments:

Post a Comment