Thursday, September 1, 2016

"I don't really care what anyone else does, that's their own sh*t. I just don't use a straw, that's all."


From 'The Community of Color Gazette':

"Man of Color Refuses to Use Straw at McDonalds"

Gregg Foster, a Black Man of our Community of Color, was observed drinking his beverage without a straw at the McDonalds restaurant.

"Yeah, I did," concurs Mr. Foster. "I just take the lid off and drink from the cup."

Deborah Giles was in the restaurant at the time of the event, and confirms the story.

"He just took the lid right off, and started drinking. He didn't even take the straw out of its paper."

When asked, Mr. Foster said he believed drinking from straws was feminine.

"Drinking from straws is for bitches," Mr. Foster said, laughing. He then added "I don't really care what anyone else does, that's their own sh*t. I just don't use a straw, that's all."

But wait: there is more to the story. Lynda Hamilton, a cashier at the McDonalds, says that Mr. Foster also orders his drink with no ice.

"That's right. I don't need no ice. I'd rather have more beverage," Mr. Foster responded, confirming the allegation.

When asked about what he ate with his beverage with no straw and no ice Mr. Foster became serious.

"None of your f**king business," he said, ending the interview.

So there it is: a Story of Change in our Community of Color. For more stories like this please read 'The Community of Color Gazette'.


I am Laslo.


No comments:

Post a Comment