Thursday, September 1, 2016

"The wall is only five foot high, but a lot of people today, they can't climb that none."


From 'The Community of Color Gazette':

"Man of Color Builds a Wall Around his Residence"

Harold Freeman, a Black Man of our Community of Color, built a wall around his residence, neighbors say.

Ms. Janine Wallace, a neighbor of Mr. Freeman, corroborated this story.

"Yeah, Harry, he built himself a wall."

When asked, Mr. Freeman admitted that he built a wall around his residence.

"Yeah, I built a wall. All my neighbors, they have chain link fences. I don't like that look, it looks ghetto. So I had some Mexicans build me a wall, it looks like orange stucco: I like it."

So why did Mr. Freeman build a wall?

"I don't like people near my house unless I invited them. The wall is only five foot high, but a lot of people today, they can't climb that none."

"A lot of people today?" Mr. Freeman?

"Oh yeah. When I was in the Army everyone could climb a five foot wall. Nowadays, they can't do shit, cause they're fat and on drugs."

When asked could people get under his wall, Mr. Freeman laughed.

"Like tunnel under? Ha! They're too fat to climb over, like they're gonna spend the energy to do themselves some digging? Fat is FAT."

When asked who he wanted to have the wall protect him from, Mr. Freeman got serious.

"Really: you serious, bitch?" he replied, ending the interview.

So there it is: a Story of Change in our Community of Color. For more stories like this please read 'The Community of Color Gazette'.


I am Laslo.




No comments:

Post a Comment