Friday, November 18, 2016

"I cannot tell you, dear Thomas. It is a secret shame I bear, and I will not soil your name with my transgression."


Excerpt from "Black Blood, Black Seed":

"I'm sorry, Major Adams but -- alas -- I cannot commit to marriage to you."

"Why, Miss Christina? My family is of the best Southern lineage, and you are a Landry, the finest family in this Georgia town."

"I cannot tell you, dear Thomas. It is a secret shame I bear, and I will not soil your name with my transgression."

"Was it another man, Miss Christina? It is the sixties now -- I understand how such a thing can happen."

"Yes, I am sorry to say: it was another man. I was young and foolish."

"Weren't we all young and foolish at some point, Christina? Weren't we all?"

"But there is more..."

"You can tell me, Christina: my very soul is open to you."

"It was a black man, Major Adams. I had inappropriate relations with a black man."

"Oh my..."

"I told you: I do not want to soil your family lineage."

"You... you had a back man's seed in your womb?"

"No, Major Adams, no! I could never do such a heinous thing, even on my worst day."

"Then what is it, Miss Christina? What is this shame that torments you so?"

"God forgive me, but I sucked his man-root."

"By all that is Holy, Miss Christina!"

"Not a day goes by where I don't wish I could take that moment back. I wish I never even saw that big, thick, pulsing black man-root."

"You spit it out, of course."

"No, Major Adams: I am ashamed to say I swallowed."

"You, a fine Southern belle of impeccable ancestors, had a black man's seed swimming in your stomach? Do you not see how wrong that is?"

"I should have thrown myself into the river and drowned."

"That would have been probably for the best. There is no way I can be with you, now; I can never kiss those lips again, knowing they were once around a black man's man-root."

"I am so sorry, Major Adams..."

"One last question, before I go, Miss Christina."

"Yes, Major Adams?"

"Just how big and thick was it...?"


I am Laslo.



No comments:

Post a Comment