Friday, November 25, 2016

"What does the Character tell you, Bobbie? Let the character speak to you, and you will know."

Scorsese to DeNiro, while directing "Taxi Driver":

"I don't know... I don't think I can do it, Marty."

"Bobbie, the anal sex scene is essential to understanding the torment of your character.Without it you're just a run-of-the-mill taxi driver with anger issues."

"But Marty: if the scene is so important why wasn't it in the script I was given?"

"Bobbie, Bobbie. You know if I put that scene in the script the Studio would have me take it out. What is important is that I knew it was in the script."

"You ARE an artist, Marty..."

"So are YOU, Bobbie: so are YOU. You gotta trust me on this one. And don't worry: I'll film it in a gritty yet sensitive style, I assure you."

"So, Marty, am I... uh... giving, or receiving?"

"What does the Character tell you, Bobbie? Let the character speak to you, and you will know."

"I guess I'm giving?"

"Bobbie: TRUST the Character. Reach deeper, Bobbie: reach deeper..."

"So I'm... receiving?"

"THAT'S the Bobbie I know! The Actor, True and Fearless."

"I just never pictured Travis Bickle, you know, being rammed in the ass, that's all..."

"After Kietel fucks you in the ass the audience will feel even more of a connection when you kill him at the end."

"I don't know: me and Harvey go back, you know? I can't quite see me bent over with him behind me. Can't we use a stunt double?"

"Stunt double, Bobbie? Stunt Double? We're making ART here, Bobbie: we're making ART!"

"I'm just having a hard time with this, Marty..."

"Bobbie, True Art requires a Hard Time. You don't want me to have to get Travolta for this part, do you?"

"Travolta?"

"Yeah. His people reached out to me. He said he'd blow Harvey on-screen if that was what it took to get the role..."

"Wow: I didn't know that Travolta was THAT much of an Artist."

"The kid's got talent, Bobbie. He's not just "Welcome Back, Kotter."

"Okay, Marty, I'll do it. But can I keep my shirt on?"

"Bobbie: remember -- Trust the Character. Would he REALLY get banged in the asshole while wearing a shirt?"

"You got a point, Marty."

"Good, Bobbie, good! Now let's go Make Some ART...!"



I am Laslo.



 http://althouse.blogspot.com/2016/11/this-is-progressive-disease-and-i.html

No comments:

Post a Comment