Thursday, November 10, 2016

I think she was counting on the votes of the Negroes and the Mexicans, but we only have two Negroes in town, and four Mexicans...


A Letter from Miss Harriet Tubman, Kansas, 1954:

Our election nightmare is finally over. We had a woman -- a Woman! From New York City, no less! -- running for Mayor, but -- Thank The Lord -- she lost. I think she was counting on the votes of the Negroes and the Mexicans, but we only have two Negroes in town, and four Mexicans...

Ever since my Husband passed away I have had to figure out who to vote for by myself: I try to vote in the way he would've wanted me to, and I hope I have made him proud in Heaven...

I don't understand why women who have never married are allowed to vote: Without a man in their lives they are only going to vote for childish, girlish things, because that is all they know. I don't know: maybe the Government will come to its senses and correct the single Women Voting problem -- one can hope...

Our new Mayor is a strong man, and he has talked big about our town fixing its sewage problem, Thank The Lord. Some days the smell is so bad you'd think you are in Godforsaken Mexico...

I bet the single women don't even have a clue on how to fix this problem; I am so grateful we have Our Men to do The Right Thing, and I hope the single women would be at least kind enough to help wash up, afterwards...

Sincerely,
Harriet.

I can only pray our Government will take care of this problem.


I am Laslo.


No comments:

Post a Comment