Saturday, October 22, 2016

I'm lookin' at YOU, Miss Priscilla.


Brokedown Bobby Shakes says...

Ain't nothin' no better than a fine crisp autumn day and a twelve-year-old girl by your side: it's like God is smiling himself right down on you, you know...?

People say to me "Brokedown Bobby, ain't it time you got yourself a real woman, not some twelve-year-old girl?" And I say right back: "Would you say that to Chuck Berry? Would you say that to Jerry Lee Lewis? Would you say that to ELVIS...?"

Elvis, his problem was he liked them fourteen. At fourteen they already be thinking they know shit about shit -- I'm lookin' at YOU, Miss Priscilla -- and that shit just don't work. Elvis, I bet he'd tell you that now if he could, bless his white-boy soul...

When a young rock-and-roll boy gets his first guitar, even if it's some cheap boxy piece of shit from Sears, it will still be the bestest guitar he ever done held. Well, I like my girls like I liked my first guitar: new and unplayed...

Here's how it is, people: I wrote my first song for the love of a twelve-year-old girl, and I'll die writin' my last song for a twelve-year-old girl. They'll all be women soon enough: I'll jess let someone else write the songs for them then...

So I live my life on the road, rockin' and rollin'. Who knows -- I might be comin' to your town, too, and if you come see me, do Bobby a favor:  bring your granddaughters...


I am Laslo.


No comments:

Post a Comment