Saturday, October 22, 2016

That's not to say my song-writing hasn't matured some over these years.


Brokedown Bobby Shakes says...

People, they tell me: Bobby, you shouldn't be singin' about twelve-year-old girls no more. I say Bullshit on THAT: that's like telling Bob Dylan he can't use no Bible references no more. An artist writes what he knows and then it's written, that's how it works...

That's not to say my song-writing hasn't matured some over these years. Here's one of my latest: "I Remember When You Were Twelve."

I Remember When You Were Twelve
It seems so long ago
I was thirty-seven goin' on fifty-eight
When I had to let you go

Things like us never last
My head knows this to be true
But in my heart you'll always be twelve
Just like all the girls after you

I Remember When You Were Twelve
I Remember When You Were Twelve

A man can only write something like that with a lot of life under his belt, and me -- Bobby Shakes -- has had a LOT of twelve-year-olds under his belt...

So I live my life on the road, rockin' and rollin'. Who knows -- I might be comin' to your town, too, and if you come see me, do Bobby a favor:  bring your granddaughters...


I am Laslo.


No comments:

Post a Comment