Friday, October 28, 2016

Then the girl apologized to me for telling all her friends and laughing at me about peeing the bed.

Socially Awkward Guy Who Makes No Eye Contact says:

I once called a girl I kinda liked a lot, and left a message. The days that followed crawled by so slow: I would check the answering machine to see if she called back, but there would be nothing. The next day: nothing. The day after: nothing…

I started to think I was a fool for even reaching out to her: like any girl would ever bother calling ME back. She was probably making fun of my call to her friends, and they were all laughing at me, calling me names and saying I was a loser…

I wished that I could only take back that call: I would pretend it never happened, that it wasn't me, that someone else must have called and pretended they were me: those kinds of things, but the silence continued to torture me…

Then -- after two weeks -- she returned my call! My mouth went dry, and I felt light-headed. It turns out she had called me the day after my phone call, but my Mom had picked up the phone and told her I was busy washing the bedsheets I peed the night before: Thanks, Mom….

Then the girl apologized to me for telling all her friends and laughing at me about peeing the bed. I told her it was 'okay, really' but then she started laughing and said that the only reason she was calling to apologize was that her Mother was making her do it, and that she didn't hang out with bed-wetters and that I was also creepy and needed to wash my hair because it was stringy and gross and then said I was creepy again…

A year later her younger sister died in a car accident, so maybe wetting the bed wasn't such a big thing after all, now was it?

Like no one else thinks these things.

I hope the Girl with the Blue Hair is working at McDonalds today.


I am Laslo.


https://althouse.blogspot.com/2016/10/bob-dylan-says-hell-attend-nobel-awards.html

No comments:

Post a Comment