Wednesday, October 26, 2016

The mouse just kept scratching and scratching at the wood in front of the cheese, until it finally just gave up and peed itself...


Socially Awkward Guy Who Makes No Eye Contact says:

I once won an award: I got 'Honorable Mention' in my fourth-grade Science Fair.

I built a maze for a mouse, I designed it and everything, but I forgot to make a hole at the end where the cheese was, so the mouse could never get to it. The mouse just kept scratching and scratching at the wood in front of the cheese, until it finally just gave up and peed itself...

So, yeah, I got 'Honorable Mention' for that, even though all the Judges laughed at my poor mouse. Even my Mother laughed at me -- she told the Judges the mouse was smarter than I was, and they all laughed some more  -- but that was still better than when she would belittle me for peeing the bed. She told me I would win First Prize for THAT...

 I feel like that mouse sometimes: I'm in a maze, but no one put a hole where i could get through and get my cheese. I would love to win an award now, for anything, really: I would casually show it to the Girl with the Blue Hair working at McDonalds and say "Yeah, I won an award," all casual-like. That would be cool...

I still feel bad about my mouse: I let him down, in front of everyone. He was my buddy, the little guy: I guess I'm just the guy who does things like that....

Like no one else thinks these things.

I hope the Girl with the Blue Hair is working at McDonalds today.


I am Laslo.


https://althouse.blogspot.com/2016/10/for-almost-quarter-of-century-nobel.html

No comments:

Post a Comment