Saturday, October 22, 2016

Rock&Roll ain't literature, my man...

Brokedown Bobby Shakes says...

Bob Dylan, he write sorrow okay, but it's always twisted up in rubber-band words, you know? Now here's a song I wrote about sorrow, maybe you'll see the difference: "Girl, You Just Turned Thirteen."

Girl, you just Turned Thirteen
You ain't twelve anymore
I don't mean to be mean to you
But I'm out the door

Girl, you just Turned Thirteen
And now you're a year too old
Thirteen ain't my scene, understand?
And I need someone Twelve to Hold

Girl, you just Turned Thirteen
Girl, you just Turned Thirteen

See how simple that is? My girl turned thirteen and I'm sad, because I gotta let her go. Because she's no longer twelve. Bob, he could take some lessons from me, 'cause, Bob: no one knows what the fuck you mean by "Tangled Up In Blue." Rock&Roll ain't literature, my man...

So I live my life on the road, rockin' and rollin'. Who knows -- I might be comin' to your town, too, and if you come see me, do Bobby a favor: bring your granddaughters...


I am Laslo.


https://althouse.blogspot.com/2016/10/i-got-blood-in-my-eyes-for-you.html

No comments:

Post a Comment