Tuesday, October 25, 2016

Well, they're twelve years old when you're trying to be so good.

 Brokedown Bobby Shakes says:

I tried me to write a few songs for that Bob Dylan fella once back in the sixties. I called one of them "Twelve Year Old Girls #12 & 35" and sent it to him, and then that pipe-cleaner sonuvabitch changed the words, recorded it and claimed HE wrote it.

Here's the song good ol' Bobby wrote:

Well, they're twelve years old when you're trying to be so good
twelve years old just a-like they said they would
twelve years old when you're tryin' to go home
twelve years old when you're there all alone
But I would not feel so all alone
Everybody must get a twelve year old

Well, they're twelve years old when you're walkin' 'long the street
twelve years old when you're tryin' to keep your seat
twelve years old when you're walkin' on the floor
twelve years old when you're walkin' to the door
But I would not feel so all alone
Everybody must get a twelve year old

See what I mean? He absolutely RUINED it. 

The song was written about twelve-year-old girls, not getting "stoned": Brokedown Bobby don't condone none of that drug-head stuff.

And don't even get to asking me about my song "Lay, Twelve-Year-Old Girl, Lay (Lay Upon My Big Brass Bed)"…

So I live my life on the road, rockin' and rollin'. Who knows -- I might be comin' to your town, too, and if you come see me, do Bobby a favor: bring your granddaughters...


I am Laslo.


No comments:

Post a Comment