Saturday, October 8, 2016

Laslo is back.


It was probably obvious to many: Laslo is/was The Replacement Laslo.

Had a change in my meds. For those who are unfamiliar with the process: taper off the old, taper on the new. 

In-between: you are leaping, slow-motion, from one swaying tightrope to another.

In-between: Weird recognitions, flickers of past sensory memory. 

In-between: Maybe it isn't that bad. Maybe I can just stop here and rest awhile.

Then: the wait for the new meds to kick in, and the wariness that comes with wondering how (if?) they are going to work. What is going to be different? 

As it turns out on the other side: not much, as far as I can currently tell.

The Replacement Laslo was me filling in for myself between the tightropes. A way of distancing myself from myself if things went pear-shaped. Glad he was there to fill in the gap.

I recognize this part of the circle.

Laslo is back.

I am Laslo.

No comments:

Post a Comment