Thursday, October 13, 2016

"We'll be listening to Weezy or Snoop Dogg or maybe some old funk from the day, then this nasal-ass white-boy voice will come on. Everyone be like 'What the F***?'"


From 'The Community of Color Gazette':

"Local Man of Color Listens To Bob Dylan at Bar"

Edison Banks, a local man of our Community of Color, occasionally plays Bob Dylan at his bar's jukebox.

"Yeah, that's right," Mr. Banks said. "Don't get me wrong -- Earth, Wind and Fire are my jam -- but sometimes I like to listen to that white dude."

Lynda Johnson, bartender at the Leroy Trey Bar, confirmed Mr. Banks' story.

"We'll be listening to Weezy or Snoop Dogg or maybe some old funk from the day, then this nasal-ass white-boy voice will come on. Everyone be like 'What the F***?'"

Eddie Ford, a patron of the bar, agreed.

"You'll be all gettin' in the groove, then there's this hillbilly s**t about Desperation Row or whatever the hell it is. That white boy was messed up, I tell you that. Put down the chronic."

Rhonda Fulton, another patron of the bar, added to the sentiment.

"I mean, does that white boy even mean to sound that way? I don't get it. White people, you know?"

Mr. Banks nodded when told of many of his fellow patrons' opinion of his Bob Dylan song selections.

"They don't know s**t. Dylan, he can twist those words up better than a lot of today's rappers can. "Muttering small talk at the wall while I’m in the hall" -- that's real s**t, that."

Bob Floyd, a patron of the bar, stood up for one of Mr. Banks' selections.

"That "Everybody Must Get Stoned" song -- I kinda dig on that. That speaks to a brother, you feel me?"

Rhonda Fulton agreed with Mr. Floyd's statement.

"I sorta like that one. I mean, the beat's kinda f***ed up, but I can get down with getting stoned, even if it's a white boy sayin' it."

When asked if there were other white artists he liked, Mr. Banks was firm in his reply.

"None of your f**cking business."

So there it is: a Story of Change in our Community of Color. For more stories like this please read 'The Community of Color Gazette'.


I am Laslo.



https://althouse.blogspot.com/2016/10/bob-dylan-wins-nobel-prize-in-literature.html

No comments:

Post a Comment